Tuesday, January 23, 2007

Editorial Duties


I went round to see Des this morning, current Editor of the village newsletter, and did my first three pages for the February edition - horoscopes, crossword and my very first news page as well, about last weeks storms! I must admit that I had been wondering whether I was really up to job, as I thought foolishly that I had NO editorial experience whatsoever, compared to Des who has worked in journalism all his life, but then I thought 'hang on a minute, I edited my own book, so that must mean that I know at least a thing or two'. I am now then getting really excited about this job, and really looking forward to the challenge of it all. I will have to get to know a lot of people - councillors, the national trust warden etc, but it will be great fun and a brilliant way of getting to know everyone and what is going on up here - and as I am discovering, there is a lot going on - the storms, the ongoing battle to get the council to fix our road being the most important ongoing stories.

I will have to drive down the winding road that leads to our village for the first time in the pitch black tonight, as I have to go to Horsham to meet Caroline who runs the Heart and Mind Group that I shall be doing a talk at in two weeks time. That should be fun! Hope no one comes towards me on the other side when I get to the legendary hairpins.

No comments: