Friday, June 22, 2007

The show was a huge success


I have hardly had time to post at all these past few weeks as I have been busy at the college invigilating various GCSE and A'Level exams - thankfully they are over next week, at least until January next year. I don't intend to go back to that school next year, as it too far to keep driving now that we have moved away from south London and out to the country. It is that more than anything that has made me so tired these past few weeks.

Last time I posted on there I was enthusing about the great reviews that I have been receiving, and looking forward to my debut appearance on US radio with Phil Harris. Well, I am proud to say that the show was a huge success, and I did really well. I have listened to the recording and have to say that I think (and others have agreed with this so it is not just ego talking) that I sound really professional and knowledgeable. My American friend Nadine Laman, who is this week celebrating her promotion to poderator on My Writers Circle said that she would not be surprised to find that by the time this journey is over, I am being asked to be a guest lecturer at Universities. I don't know about that, although stranger things have happened. I have to say that having seen some of the questions in this years religion and philosophy papers (which is compulsary at the school I go to, since it is a Faith [Catholic] school), I could have easily answered most of them, and would have loved to have read the answers that the boys gave! We are not allowed to do that, although I did sometimes sneak a peek whilst walking around the room ...

I am off to Lundy as soon as the exams are over for two whole weeks of hopefully sunshine and bliss. The weather has not been too good so far this summer, but I usually take it with me, so I hope this year will not be an exception. I will pack sun cream and waterproofs just in case, along with plenty of good books. I am reading Richard Dawkins' The God Delusion at the moment, and I have to say that I have been pleasantly surprised at some of his arguments which make an awful lot of sense ...

No comments: