Sunday, March 02, 2008

Always look on the bright side

Having thought about things all day and made the decision to go to church tonight, for the first time in about four months, I am so glad that I did. Monty Python's 'Always look on the bright side' is playing in the background as I type this. A day or so ago I was listening to this and could not see the funny side - it was simply to help me wallow in my own self pity - now though I listen to it with fresh ears and eyes, and am laughing along with the words - remember that the last laugh is on you!

What then has brought about this change I hear you ask - as always a wonderful channelling from my friend Margaret, whose wisdom I have greatly missed. I cannot remember the exact words, but it became apparent as I listened to her words just how enmeshed in the 3D (third dimensional, material) world I have become, where it is almost fashionable to moan and see yourself as the victim.

I have become aware of how I have been giving mixed messages to the universe, and so it has not known how to respond. On the one hand, I have been telling people in real life and on the Internet, how well my book is doing and how great it is to be in all these book shops, yet at the same time I have done nothing but complain about what an awful card authors are dealt, and all the hoops we have to jump through in order to be taken seriously. To the outsider then I looked successful and happy, but inside I did not feel as it I was. The universe then reacted in the only way that it could - it was almost as if it was saying to me 'well thanks for nothing then, we have given you all this help and you don't want it - so therefore we will send some of your books back for you to deal with!'. Who can blame them.

So starting tomorrow, things will change and I will moan no more - I can't promise that I will never moan again of course, because let's face it, we all sometimes need to, but I will do my best not to, and to see the good, or perhaps the God in all things. I will smile simply because I am alive, have a man and friends who love me very much, have a successful business (yes, I do!), a job that I enjoy and am good at, a roof over my head, food on the table and clothes on my back - what else could I ask for other than this?

No comments: