Thursday, May 25, 2006

I wonder what the day will bring?


I awoke this morning with a very stiff neck, no doubt from too much sitting in front of this computer, reading reams and reams of stuff. It has to be done, although like I said, there is no time limit. It will be in my interests to get my part of the final proof read done quickly, as once it is done the book can go to print. The sooner it goes to print, the sooner I can start to sell it and recoup the cost of publication, not to mention the money I have spent in writing it.

Coran has an interview this morning for a job that sounds very promising. It is actually a second interview, the first one being just over a week ago. Today he has to do a Delphi test so that they can see the way he works, and also meet the company boss. If all goes well, he may get the job. Unfortunately, as tends to be the case, he has not been feeling himself these past few days, with the IBS flaring up. This has been acerbated by some healing that he had from our astrologer friend Sarah Jane Grace, in exchange for doing her website. She is a very powerful healer who channels the energy of the planets, and it has really knocked him for six. He knows that he has to do this, as a lot of it is resistance on his part, so is bravely trying to go and do what he needs to do.
For my part, I am waiting for the college to ring and arrange an exam observation for some time next week, so that I can see what the job entails in more detail. The exams do not start until after half term, at which point, as the book will very shortly be out as well, I will probably need to sign off. My benefit has almost run out anyway, so there will be no point in me continuing in the system jumping through hoops in order to please them, simply for National Insurance credits. I would sooner pay voluntary self employed contributons and maintain my freedom.

At the moment it is pouring with rain, so once Coran has gone, I will go and sort out all the rubbish in our shed and take it to the dump. Once that has been done, I may decide to go back to the Church (I was there last night doing the Wednesday service), and give it a good clean. Normally Tony one of the trustees (a man cleaning!) does this, but he has gone to Thailand for a month with his new girlfriend, so the trustees have asked Coran and I to do it for a month during his absence. By the time I finish there it will probably be lunchtime, so I will go home to get some lunch and watch some dreadful daytime television. Then back to the proof reading. I am already up to chapter nine, so have made good progress. If all goes well, it may be finished by the end of the Bank Holiday and I may be holding my book within 2 weeks.

No comments: