Tuesday, May 30, 2006

I have finally done it .....


The final draft has been delivered, and this time it really is the final draft. All remains is to get the ISBN, do the spine for the book, and convert it to PDF ready for uploading to the printers network. I will receive a sample copy to check through, probably towards the middle of next week, and assuming all is well, and no corrections are needed (which I don't think there will be), then it can go to print and people will at last be a able to read and buy my masterpiece.

It looks then as if I will be taking copies to Lundy with me. I may even contact the Shore Office to see if I can organise a book signing on the boat - that would be interesting and may even find its way into the Bideford Gazette, not to mention the island newsletter!

I didn't realise that as part of the deal I get an Advance Information sheet prepared for me, so I won't even have to worry about that. Once I have that I can upload it to my own website and blog, plus a few other sites that I post on, and send it out to interested parties with a few review copies. There are a few copies I need to send to friends who have helped me along the way, but I will try to keep these as low as possible, since although their help does need acknowledging and they will also sell copies to people they know, free copies will eat into my own profits. I have to pay for them, and sell them myself before I make a profit ...

No comments: