Thursday, June 01, 2006

There will be a slight delay


Unfortunately I have just heard that there may be a slight delay to the book, and it may not be uploaded to the printer until next week. It seems that James, who does the final tweeking as it were, has had some computer problems and lost some of his files (thankfully not mine!). He has just spent the last 2 days trying to piece things back together again, but should be back on track soon. To be honest though I was not expecting a copy until next week anyway, so does not make that much difference to me. Having waited five years I think I can wait a few more days!

Today then I had a letter from the bank confirming that they have opened the new business account that I applied for, the card will be sent under seperate cover, together with the PIN number. I also bought a receipt book in readiness for all those people who will be buying the book from me at various talks and things - mostly to help me keep track of things, but also so that I can write their details on the back to add to my ever growing mailing list. I also managed to persuade a friend to write a review for me on another website, which shall remain nameless, but for which I was until recently a moderator. I, and several others were unceremoniously banned when we voiced our displeasure at some new rules that the owner brought in, without bothering to consult us, the admin team, who were after all the ones who would have to implement these rules. Anyway, thanks to him, I am now, or very soon will be, co-owner of my own discussion site, Stairway of Life. There are however many people on the old site who I know would be interested in the book, and I am unable to post on there myself and let them know about the book, then his review will come in very handy.

The other thing I have done is apply for a stall at this years Questing Conference at the end of october. This is run by alternative history writer Andrew Collins, and attracts around 450 people each year. If only 10 percent of them buy the book then it will have been well worthwhile, since if I am succesful, the stall will only cost me £90. Half of it has be paid as a deposit, with the remainder due one month before the conference, on September 28th. I await their response then with baited breath. Getting the books up there on the tube may be a bit challenging, but I am sure I will manage.

1 comment:

David said...

Good luck at Questcon with the book.