Monday, June 12, 2006

Almost there



It seems like ages since I wrote in this blog, yet such a lot seems to have happened. Britain is in the grip of a heatwave, and knowing how us Brits have a reputation for moaning, everyone is doing just that. I must admit it has been a little too hot for me, with the mercury hitting 31 degress today. Thankfully things are set to cool over the next few days.

Things have been hotting up in my life as well. This afternoon, in fact five minutes ago, I finally approved the last round of alterations. All I am waiting for is my proof copy, before it finally go to print. I was amused to find that my ISBN adds to up to the number 11, the numerical number for Master Jesus. This speaks volumes. I only hope the critics will not crucify me as they did him!

I have been working hard inviligating various exams at the college - I did 18.5 hours last week over 5 days, but only 6.5 hours this week. I had exams this morning and again tomorrow. This morning was maths GCSE. I am not sure what it will be tomorrow, but will have to wait and see. Whatever it is I am sure it will be fascinating. I feel really sorry for the kids taking exams in this heat, with the pollen so high. I am glad it isn't me!

No comments: