Tuesday, December 12, 2006

Moving tomorrow


I didn't realise it had been nearly a week since I wrote this. It has been one hell of a week one way or another, not just on the writing front but all round. I am having a few legal problems at the moment that I have to deal with - nothing to do with me, or anything I have written, but more to do with what someone else has written about me.

We are also of course moving house tomorrow - at long last. It has been a fairly smooth process by any reckoning - opur house was sold within 8 days of coming on to the market, and there was no chain at either end, but it has still been stressful - especially the last of packing everything away. Tonight though 99 percent of it has been done - all that remains is the bowls for tomorrows breakfast, plus of course the cereal, wash things and towels that we will also need to use tomorrow morning, a few cleaning products, the kettle and the bed linen. All being well we should be out of here by 12.30 to 1pm and unloaded at the other end before 3pm.

On the writing front though Borders has as good as been confirmed for 16th January. I had an email this afternoon as well from the lady who runs the Heart and Mind group at Horsham, West Sussex. I approoached her some time ago with a view to doing a talk. She is now booking for January to March anyway, so I telephoned her and I have been booked in for February 6th. Have to email her to confirm what to put in her leaflets and go along to the group as well sometime between now and then to see how it is run and also how to get there ! The second writers circle is also next week, on 21st. Haven't managed to get my own homework done yet though - naughty, naughty - writing your autobigorapy on one A4 page - will have to get cracking then over the weekend amidst all the unpacking....

No comments: