Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Human Nature


Nothing much has happened really this week - I have been more concerned in fact with looking for a 'real' job than with selling books, since there is now a pressing need for me to be earning money. I got some from the house sale, but it is an expensive process moving house and getting things sorted, so the money is rapidly being spent on curtains, etc, etc, etc.

Have just spoken though to Paul, and he assures me that I have not been forgotten. He is still embroiled in dealing with the case against Writersworld and Graham Cook. Best not to say too much, as I don't want to be the next one to be sued, apparently Cook does have a habit of doing this. They are so fed up with him in the States apparently that he now has to pay something like $50,000 before they will even hear his case ! His own fault really from what I gather, and just blooming glad that I had the good sense to sniff a rat and walk the other way when I looked at his website....

Anyway, the Foyles book signing looks like it will definately be going ahead - Paul says probably towards the end of April - 3rd or 4th week and probably on a Saturday too, which will be better for me, in case I do get a job ! The other thing I have done is visit the local New Age shop and talk to them about renting a room there to do a talk and maybe sell some books. It is only £5 an hour and they are well known around the area, with their own mailing list and website, so the talk would be well publicised. Back to the diary then to work out some dates....

No comments: