Wednesday, March 21, 2007

Nothing Binding


My writing buddy, Nadine Laman emailed me some time ago regarding a programme that is being set up in the States for international independently published authors, by this I mean all those who are in some way self published, either short print run, or as I did, print on demand. The project is headed by Jerry Simmons and sounds very exciting. It could potentially do great things for me, by bringing my work to a much greater audience.

Jerry is setting up a website (Nothing Binding), which will go live on April 2nd, which will feature as a showcase for the 200 authors who have initially signed up (I should add that it is all free). We will have the chance to add links to our own sites, and various places where our books are available, add events, author bio and lots, lots more. Today I also recorded a short interview with Jerry's business partner, Ben Ruddy, which will be put on YouTube. I am free to link to this from any other website, including Jerry's and my own.

Only 200 authors have signed up for the initial stage, from all continents of the world, although mostly within the United States, since the project is based on that side of the 'pond'. Ben said that I was the first author from abroad to be recorded, so it doesn't sound like there are too many of us outside the US. Anything that helps to promote my work in the States has to be good. It is after all a much bigger market than the UK.

No comments: