Thursday, May 11, 2006

Sent my first submission today



10 January 2006

I have finally sent out my very first submission. It not really the first one, but rather the first one in three years. When I first began to write my book, I tried unsuccessfully for about a year to get it published and/or find an agent. I soon realised that it wasn't ready to be submitted. Now though it is, so my first revised submission one is winging its way as I write to Duncan Baird Publishers in London. I didn't realise until I checked their website that they also own Watkins Publishing, who run an esoteric book store in London. I have asked that if they consider the book as not suitable for Duncan Baird's list to pass it along to Watkins as they may be interested. I await the result with bated breathe.
More submissions will be sent in due course. There is no need to sit around waiting and sending one out at a time. I learnt that lesson the first time I did this, and won't make that mistake again.

No comments: