Thursday, May 11, 2006

The waiting game


January 20

When a brown self addressed envelope popped through the door this morning I felt sure it would be my first rejection - but no, when I opened the envelope I was pleasantly surprised. It was a letter from Sue Wilkins, Editorial and Marketing Coordinator from Foulsham Press which says:

'Thank you for sending synopsis of your manuscript. We will consider the material and contact you again in 6 - 8 weeks."

By my reckoning, that should be sometime around the middle of March. It doesn't necessarily mean that it will be accepted, as it is probably just a standard letter that they send out. This is very unusual for a publisher though, as normally they don't confirm receipt of such things, just let you know whether or not they are interested. I take this as a positive sign, but won't get my hopes up too high. There are 6 others I am waiting to hear from too.

No comments: