Thursday, May 11, 2006

It looks like I will be self publishing



April 9

I must be one of the few people who not read any of Dan Brown's books, as being a non fiction writer, for the last few years I have been reading mostly from this angle. Perhaps I will have a better idea of whether I think this constitutes plagarisation once I have seen the film. I don't think there is any danger of me being accused of this though - for one thing those authors will not have the money to sue anyone else after this case, and I am small fry anyway.

It looks as if my book will have to be self published, making it difficult for them to even know about, since this will invariably mean virtually nil exposure in book retailers. That doesn't bother me though, since they take a 50 percent cut of the profits anyway - leaving all the more for me! It is a funny old world though when book shops earn more book than the publisher and author combined, especially the poor author, who more often than that has to put up with an 8 percent royalty, which earns them literally pennies per book. No wonder so many of us are turning to self publishing then.

No comments: