Thursday, May 11, 2006

Unfair dealing



February 20

I got my first written permission back from Thorsons today to quote some of Marianne Williamson's stuff. I almost wish I hadn’t bothered, as it is valid for just one edition (first print run) of the book in English language throughout the UK and Commonwealth. I also have to send them a complimentary copy. Oh and permission is granted to reproduce the material in Braille, large type or audio only is no charge is made to the visually handicapped. There I was thinking the term publishing business had something to do with earning money.....

All of this for 11 measly words, which would probably be covered by fair dealing anyway. Oh well, you live and learn. I can't wait to see what Warner Bros say about all those B5 quotes I want to use.

No comments: